Celebrate History Music Festival
Saturday, June 29, 2013 to Sunday, July 07, 2013
History and music will converge at the American Civil War Wax Museum from June 29th until July 7th as the Celebrate History Music Festival takes center stage. This week-long festival will host musical groups from various genres with a common thread -- American history!
The highlight of the festival will be the grand finale on July 5th at 7 pm. "Cornets and Cannons," similar to a modern day battle of the bands, will take place in the Living History Village on the grounds of the Wax Museum Complex. Musicians from all over the country will come together and play with either The Federal Composite Band, under the direction of Sergeant Major Kenneth J. Serfass, or The Band of The Army of Northern Virginia, under the direction of Principal Musician Jari Villanueva. The bands will "battle" back and forth with a joint performance at the conclusion of the event. Musicians must register to participate in this event.
Schedule of Performances: (As of May 23, 2013.)
- One More Time - 2:00 pm - Variety vocal/instrumental band. Music from the 40's to the present! Members of the band bring vast amounts of musical experiences, from the Marine Band, Broadway musicals, country & rock bands, to touring gospel groups.
- North Kingstown Community Choir - 11:30 am
- Apple Core Band - 7:00 pm - Local community band from Biglerville, PA!
- Jackson High School Euphony Choir - 1:00 pm
- Carlisle Brass Band - 7:00 pm - Carlisle Town Band has been in existance since before the Civil War, and served with distinction during the conflict! The Brass band was reconsituted about 6 years ago to commemorate the original group of musicians.
- Spirit of Black Rock Ancient Fife & Drum - 4:00 pm
- Cornets & Cannons - 7:00 pm - The highlight of the Celebrate History Music Festival! Brass band musicians from all over the country will come together and present a concert on the grassy area across from the Lincoln Train Museum on the grounds of the Gettysburg Battlefield. The event will have a northern band play against a southern band. In addition to the music, the audience will learn the background of the music, along with history of the Civil War era. The program will conclude with both bands playing together! This is a once in a lifetime event!
- Coates Brass Band - 8:00 pm
Additional performances may be added to the schedule. Please stop back and visit our site for the latest update!
|Learn more about this special event here|