Gettysburg Seminary Ridge Museum
Purchase tickets online at www.seminaryridgemuseum.org/tickets.
Answer: Gettysburg's newest museum, encompassing more than 16,000 square feet.
Question: What is new in Gettysburg for the 2013 150th anniversary of the battle?
SOME RELICS OF THE PAST YOU CAN HOLD IN YOUR HAND. OTHERS YOU CAN WALK INSIDE.
Gettysburg's Seminary Ridge Museum will be an interpretive museum featuring (1) the First Day Battle, July 1, 1863, on the very site where it happened; (2) Civil War field medicine in the building that was the largest Field Hospital at Gettysburg; and (3) the Seminary where religious issues that not only divided but also inspired our nation in the 19th century were debated. It will include:
Download our Group Tour Profile Sheet
- Three floors of exhibits with many original artifacts and documents.
- Opportunity for specially guided tours of the cupola where Brigadier General John Buford scouted the Confederate advance
- 4 major video productions
- 12 original murals commissioned for this museum
- 16 ambient or visitor selected audio programs
- Hands-on interactive stations for children to follow the "Ziegler Kids" (the children of the caretaker who lived in this building)
- Digital image albums, interactive video stations, and directed-reading interactives.
Gettysburg Seminary Ridge Museum Images